Can I appeal a denial of my FDLE Application?

If your Application for a Certificate of Eligibility is denied and you believe it was in error, you do have a right to have the denial reviewed. If the reason your application was denied is based on information in your criminal history that is wrong or incomplete, you can use the procedure in the Florida Administrative Code Rule 11C-8.001. It outlines how you can have your criminal history record reviewed and corrected. On the other hand, if you believe the information in your criminal history is accurate, but you believe the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) applied or interpreted the law the wrong way in your case, you can appeal the decision in a court of competent jursdiction. That will usually - but not always - be the court where your case was closed. We did our best to make sure every single case that actually qualifies is covered by our questions to avoid this issue altogether.

< Back